I don’t have to admit that nothing is exciting than smart home automation. But we often seem that very expensive. And, replacing all of the home appliances that are not smart. If you have that money to replace all of these, then that is great! But, what if you are looking for the cheapest solution, without replacing these appliances. In that case, a smart plug should be a great option. And, Gosund smart plug is one of the smartest plugs in the world.
So, we will discuss Gosund smart plug. How to install, how it works, and how it is value for your money. If you are willing to buy a smart plug and still confusing and don’t know how to install and connect with your voice assistants, then you should read this to solve all of these problems.
- 1 What is smart plug?
- 2 Gosund Smart Plug
- 3 Best Gosund Smart Plugs
- 4 Gosund Smart Plug Features
- 5 How to setup Gosund smart plug?
- 6 How to reset Gosund Smart plug?
- 7 What I like about Gosund Smart plug?
- 8 What I did not like about Gosund Smart Plug?
- 9 Are Gosund smart plugs secure?
- 10 Conclusion
What is smart plug?
First of all, let me give you an idea about the smart plug. You may already know about this. But it will be good for a newbie to get a clear intention. So, the smart plug is a power supply socket. But, it can control remotely through your voice, smartphone app, etc.
You can set up and integrate with your voice assistant to turn off and on the smart plug power through your voice. For example, “Alexa turns off the light.” if you connect your light with a smart plug, it will turn off the light. So, by merely installing a smart plug, you can control your unsmart home devices into a smart device. You can manage all of them through voice or app. By reading the entire article, you will get a clear idea that is still confusing you.
Gosund Smart Plug
Gosund provides the easiest smart home solution. They are well known for their smart plugs. It is cheap reliable and easy to use. Also, these plugs can power up high electricity power devices such as air conditioner, microwave oven, etc.
All of their smart plug works with popular voice assistants. Such as, Alexa, google home, xiaomi, IFTTT. Most of the people uses Alexa or Google home to automation their home. And, it works fine with them.
But, all of your device don’t need similar power. According to that criteria gosund has different style and power smart plug. So that, you can use these in anywhere and any devices.
Best Gosund Smart Plugs
All of their smart plugs is great! But according to the popularity and power I picked following two smart plugs for this list.
This is a round-shaped small size smart plug. Especially for saving places and regular uses. And, it is very affordable. If you are willing to control your regular light, table lamp, cooker, oven then it will be the ideal one.
This smart plug has 10A and 1100 watt power output capacity. So, any electric devices that need less than 1100 watt power to run that will smoothly run through this little beast. And, it takes 100-240V energy as input.
As usual it works with all of the popular smart speakers/ voice assistants.
Well, it comes with a rectangle-shaped design. That is obvious for a specific reason, though. It is now just an updated design. But, it has more output power than others.
So, if you are willing to connect with high powered electric devices such as fish task oxygen supplier, fridge, air conditioner, etc then you need WP6 instead of tiny WP3.
Well, it takes the same power as WP3 for input. But, it can provide 16AMP 2000 Watt output power. So, any high power electric device can be remotely controlled through this high power smart plug.
So there is not that much difference between these or any smart plug from Gosund except power and design. And all of the smart plugs have the same features and connect similarly. So, it is better to give you the idea of the overall features.
Gosund Smart Plug Features
As a smart plug or also known as wifi smart plug, it has packed with all necessary features. But still, I think apple home integration is missing.
All of these smart plugs use 2.4 GHz wifi to connect with app and voice assistants. And, it is strictly connected just with 2.4 GHz wifi. Below of the above-powered wifi router can not connect Gosund smart plugs.
Control electric devices through voice are the key feature for smart devices. And, it supports almost all of the smart voice devices including, Alexa, Google Home, Xiaomi and others as well. If you want to know how to connect, then you will get that answer bellow.
You can remotely control your electric devices through your smartphone. Whatever you are using android or iOS devices. It has a dedicated smartphone app to connect with a smart plug and make your devices smart and remote control.
You can set timer to turn on and off according your need. So, you don’t need to turn on the device or turn off. Also some device such as coffee makers. You can set timer when you get up from the bed it will ready coffee to experience fresh morning.
Over temperature and overload protection
The traditional socket will burn out when it encounters load power or the socket temperature is too high. But when the Gosund smart socket detects this situation, it will automatically disconnect the power immediately to prevent danger.
Through the above description, I believe that it is not difficult to see that the Gosund smart plugs have the advantages of more convenient, more energy-saving, smarter, and safer than traditional sockets. Is your heart moving? Hurry up and buy one to experience a new smart life.
A statistic says if we turn off unusual devices, we can save 10-15% energy. And, we often forget to turn off our electric device. It may happen intentionally or unintentionally. No matter what, we waste electricity anyway. By remotely control your electrical appliances, you can check which one is on and which one is off, then you can take action and turn off all the unnecessary electric devices.
Ok, that was the feature to convince you to buy smart plugs. So, now I have to show you the way to how to setup gosund smart plugs.
How to setup Gosund smart plug?
You have to follow these steps to connect Gosund smart plug. Also, you can look up for Gosund smart plug manual on their own website. But I think the following steps are enough to teach you everything that you will need.
- First of all, connect the gosund smart plug to your regular socket.
- Then, press and hold the power button for 5 to 10 seconds.
- It will start blinking with blue light. If that is happening, you are on the right way.
- Now you need to download a mobile app. You can do it in two ways. a) scan QR code which given in the box. Or, b) go to your app store and search for the “Smart Life” app.
- After installing the app, you need to create an account and login.
- Then, click on the ad device option and tap on the electric outlet.
- It will ask for confirmation if the device blue light is still blinking. If everything okay, you can press the confirmation button.
- Then it will ask for the wifi password. Type the password to connect. Well, it only connects with a 2.4GHz wifi router.
- Now, wait for a few seconds to connect. It may seem slow, but after 20%, it will load the next 80% in no time.
- If everything went right, you would see the smart plug light turned red. That means you successfully connected.
- Now you can change the device name to specific such as “coffee maker, table lamp” to quickly understand and control.
Now you are able to remotely control your device which connected through smart plug. Now let’s connect with Alexa and Google Home.
How to connect Gosund smart plug with Alexa
Of course, you need an Amazon Echo device to connect. I’m sure you have one already. To connect with Alexa, you will need the Alexa app that you can also download from your app store. After installing the app, follow the below procedure.
- Search for smart life in the search box of the Alexa app.
- Then, click on the smart life icon.
- It will ask for smart life login data. Log in with your smart life account.
- So, you successfully connected with smart life.
- Then turn off the window and click on discover device option.
- If everything right, your Alexa should discover your newly added device. Suppose you have added a light.
- Now by saying, “Alexa, turn on the light,” you will be able to turn on light.
How to set up Gosund smart plug with Google Home
If you have done smart home automation through google home, then you need to follow the below procedure. Still, you need to connect first with smart life app. that will be the same.
- Open your google home app ( I am sure that already installed.)
- Then click on the Add button (+ icon). And go-ahead to set up a device.
- After that, you will see an option called works with google.
- Click on the ” have something to set up?” button.
- Now, click on the search icon and search for smart life.
- You will see your smart life app icon.
- Click on that, and it will ask for smart life account login data.
- Enter login credentials and connect smart life with google home app.
- After that, it will show your smart life app devices. You will see your recently added device. Select that and add it to a room.
- Then click Next, and it will set up successfully.
Now it should be work with your voice command. give it a try to make sure.
How to reset Gosund Smart plug?
Somehow if there any connection problem or you want to connect again with another device. You may need to reset. But how can you do that?
Well it is pretty easy process.
- Disconnect the smart plug with the smart life app first.
- Then you will see the blue light again blinking very first. (If it is connected, then it will show red light with no blink.)
- After that, hold the power button for 5 to 10 seconds then release.
- It will stop blinking fast and blinking slowly. If that happens, that means you successfully reset the old connection.
- Now hold the power button for 5 to 10 seconds again. Then it will start blinking fast back.
- That means your device is ready to set up a new connection.
Now you can add new can connect again and reset done successfully.
What I like about Gosund Smart plug?
First thing I have to say that it is a cheap solution for smart home automation. You don’t need to spend too much money to do automation. And, you can make your old device smart without changing that. Just install the plug, and it is ready to control over voice and smartphone app.
Also, it very easy to install as well as it doesn’t require extra maintenance. If I say specifically about gosund then obviously its versatile connection capability will be the first thing that comes in my mind. It can connect with google home and Alexa both. As well as IFTTT and Xiaomi smart home too. So whatever smart home automation you are doing, it will work with almost everything.
And, these come with different plug size and power. So, you can connect that for every electric device in your home from a small lamp to your dishwasher machine.
Also, Gosund smart plug shell is made of PC V 0-grade fireproof material, which can achieve high-temperature flame retardant at 750 ℃; internal shrapnel adopts high-standard phosphor bronze shrapnel, good conductivity, anti-fire; PCB board thickness is 1.6 mm, It exceeds 1.33 times the industry standard; the electric melting takes solid electric melting, the price is six times that of ordinary electric melting, the performance is better than regular electric melting, with high stability and long service life;
In addition, The plug is designed with anti-missing safety door, to ensure that children can avoid hidden danger of electric shock when they come into contact, and the home is more assured
What I did not like about Gosund Smart Plug?
It is a cheap way to do smart home automation. So, it has some flaws. Every time you need to connect a device, you have specified that device. Otherwise, it may mess up. That can not happen in smart devices. You can just turn on and off the device with an extra schedule option. You can not adjust the power. For example, you can turn on your air conditioner, but you can not change the temperature. But if you get a smart air condition, you can adjust the temperature through your smartphone or voice command.
Also, it does not have the Apple home connectivity option.
Are Gosund smart plugs secure?
Yes of course it is 100% secure. Since your phone is not hacked there is no normal way to break the security. And this well builds smart plugs that used the best quality material. As a result, there is no question that you can ask about. Outside is made out of high-quality plastic and the main socket is made from high-quality copper.
As I said several times, if you want a cheap solution, then go for Gosund smart plug. It is one of the best smart plugs in the market. It has everything that you can expect from a smart plug. Though it has some flaws, it is an excellent value for your money. Especially if you don’t want to waste all your old electric devices or don’t want to do that at a time, then starting with Gosund smart plug lets you use to with smart home automation. Then you can replace your old electric devices day by day.